Here’s How You Can Use WhatsApp Without A Phone Number.
Yes – you heard it right! You can use WhatsApp without having to provide your personal phone number. Read on and learn how to use WhatsApp without a phone number.
WhatsApp is strict on requesting its users to provide their personal details as they sign up for the most popular messaging application.
If ever you feel the process is intimidating, worry no more, there are a few steps that can get you access to the application without exposing your personal number to the general public.
As a prerequisite in setting up a WhatsApp account; one needs to have an internet connection to download the application.
And in case you already have the application installed and verified on your phone with your personal contact, delete your WhatsApp account, uninstall and reinstall it back.
Make sure your chats are backed up before deleting so that you may recover them back when you want them.
When the app has been reinstalled, you will be prompted to set up your WhatsApp account by entering your phone number and your name. This is where you need to be careful so that you can successfully use your WhatsApp without a phone number.
Option 1: Use Your Landline Number
You can use your landline number instead of providing a mobile number.
- As you await a verification option to pop up after installing your WhatsApp; instead of entering your personal number, use your landline number.
- Subsequently, a one-time generated verification code would be sent to you through an SMS or via a phone call.
- In some instances, only an SMS option pops up. In such a case, wait for 5 minutes till the verification fails so that a Call Me option is suggested.
- Click on it and your landline will be called.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code given to you via WhatsApp automated call and you good to go!
Option 2: Use a Virtual number
- A virtual number is a temporary number that you may get from several online apps like Google Voice, TextNow, VirtualPhone.com, Global Call Forwarding, and/or Grasshopper.
- These applications allow you to pick a preferred number by entering your area code and the suggested numbers.
- The advantage of a temporary or virtual number is, your privacy is totally guaranteed.
- All you need to do is install one of those applications, or, in the case of Google Voice or VirtualPhone.com, you can set up your number online.
- Once you have generated a number through any of these, get this number and use it instead when the WhatsApp verification process starts.
- You will be asked to be either called or texted a verification code, chose either of these to receive the 6-digit number then enter to start.
Too good to be true right? Try it out today, and use WhatsApp without a phone number!