Creating a product catalog on WhatsApp business.
Despite WhatsApp not being originally created as a marketing tool, individuals and companies have found themselves using it as a business channel to market their products and/or services.
Reason being, WhatsApp has become the most popular direct messaging app in the world, with about 1.3 billion people who use it to communicate daily with friends and family, spending more time chatting than they do on other social media channels. This is a good market to advertise your product.
Now lets understand the easy steps to create WhatsApp product adverts or a product catalog.
WhatsApp introduced a product catalog feature for in-app browsing and shopping on its WhatsApp business platform, thereby converting the communication app to a comprehensive marketing tool and a shopping space.
When launching the new feature, the app said it was looking into ways to make WhatsApp a professional platform for both socializing and business:
“Product catalogs are a mobile storefront for businesses to showcase and share their goods so people can easily browse and discover something they would like to buy. Previously businesses had to send product photos one at a time and repeatedly provide information — now customers can see their full catalog right within WhatsApp. This makes business owners look more professional and keeps customers engaged in the chat without having to visit a website.”
Here’s how to create a product catalog with the WhatsApp Business app in just a few simple steps.
To create a product catalog / advert:
1. Download and set up a WhatsApp Business application (download from Google Play Store)
2. Set up your Business profile.
3. To get started on product catalogues, navigate the Settings menu > Business Settings > Catalog.
4. Tap the ‘Add product or service’ option
5. A green plus-sign icon will appear. This is where you add your product images from either your gallery or camera. You can add as many as 10 images of the product.
6. On the descriptions space, here provide optional details such as product price, website links, product code or anything you wish to add as far as the product/service is concerned.
7. Tap save.
8. To share the product catalog, you can leave it on your business profile or send it to your contact details or groups.
To share in the middle of a chat, simply tap the menu to insert media, tap the ‘Catalog’ option, and select the product they’re discussing. Once the product is sent in the chat, clients can easily make shopping decisions from within the chat itself by viewing the product catalog.
More on WhatsApp Download and Tips: