There are certain people you chat with more often than the others, it might be an excellent idea to create a conversation shortcut for them directly on your home screen, so you don’t have to keep opening and closing your WhatsApp.
You might be using WhatsApp to chat with lots of people and groups, you may have some contacts or groups that you are so interested in.
Though it is possible to access the latest messages the normal way of opening the whole application, you can also speed things up a little by creating contact shortcuts on your Android device.
Creating short cuts has so many advantages, one is that you won’t have to open the whole Whatsapp. Here you can just open those contacts that you would have selected directly. This is very useful if you have lots of contacts and groups listed on WhatsApp’s start page, as it may take some time to search and find the right contact to browse the most recent messages or write new ones.
How to create a shortcut:
- The first thing you need to do is to start the WhatsApp application on your Android device.
- Once WhatsApp has been opened, you suppose to see the list of contacts or groups.
- Now you have to long-tap on the contact that you want to create a shortcut for.
- When the contact that you want is highlighted, tap on the menu tab( 3 dots that appear at the top right corner)
- A context menu is displayed on the screen that you can use to create a new conversation shortcut
- When you select the “Add chat shortcut” option from the menu,
- Tap on “Add”, a shortcut is then added to your Android screen and now you can access a contact directly. Shortcuts can also be created in a different way.
This is one of the ways that can help you save time especially on scrolling all the chats looking for one chat.
learn about other Whatsapp tricks from articles below:
- In case you want to use your Whatsapp but don’t want other contacts to know that you are online, Checkout the trick on how to appear as if you are not online when you are actually online. Read more>>>