How To Have A Peaceful Chatting Experience Without Noise From Group Text Messages:
Tired of having to continually mute group text messages or chats after the optimal days have surpassed. Well, you no longer have to worry about that because you can now mute a contact or group text messages permanently.
Prior to the update, the Facebook-owned app would only let you mute chats for eight hours, a week, or a year.
WhatsApp recently introduced the option that lets you mute contacts and group text messages forever, replacing the option that lets you mute a chat for a year.
Here is how you can mute group text messages forever:
- Open the WhatsApp group chat, then tap the group subject.
- Tap Mute Notifications.
- Select ALWAYS.
- Tap OK.
Alternatively, you can also;
- Tap and hold the group in the Chats tab.
- Then tap the Mute notifications icon in the top corner.
- Select Always.
- Tap OK.
In order to mute a chat on WhatsApp, here is what you need to do;
- Go to the desired chat, tap on the contact name.
- Open the chat.
- Tap on the Three Dots.
- Select the ‘Mute Notifications‘,option.
- Hit ‘Always’ and Tap OK.
NB* If you want to stop notifications from being shown on your notifications screen, uncheck Show notifications before you tap ‘OK’
However, even after you mute the chat or group messages permanently you will still receive messages sent to the group or by the contact but your phone won’t vibrate or make noise when they’re received.
Articles you may want to read:
- How Safe Is Whatsapp Really? Find Out In This Article
- The Best WhatsApp Tricks And Tips For 2021
- Here Are The Important WhatsApp Do’s and Don’ts Which One Should Know
- 29% Of WhatsApp Users In India Set To Ditch App Due To New Terms And Conditions