How To Keep Your WhatsApp Account Private And Safe
Whatsapp has become the most popular messaging application worldwide, with more than 2 billion users and counting.
However, with tech, the app keeps on adding new features to soothe its users.
The app also provides you with certain privacy features to keep chats, media and other important information protected.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to customise what information gets shared across contacts and groups, and most importantly keep their chats safe, secure, and private.
How to change WhatsApp privacy settings on Android
- Open WhatsApp application on your Android device.
- Next, on the home page tap More options (three dots).
- Now, from the drop-down menu select Settings.
- On the new screen select Account > Privacy.
For iPhone users, you need to tap Settings
- Tap on Account
- Then check the Privacy setting. Once you reach Privacy setting page, you can change who can see your Last Seen, Profile Photo, About information, Status updates, Read Receipts and Add you to Groups.
* DO Keep in mind that if you don’t share your last seen then you will not be able to see other users’ last seen.
Disable Read Receipts in WhatsApp So Nobody Can See Those Blue Check Marks in Chats
With the read receipt feature, you will never go wrong especially when you don’t want your contacts to know about your moves.
Read receipt allows you to hide the double blue ticks to single grey tick.
It gives you the ability to check on your contacts status without them noticing. Please note once you turn on Read Receipt you won’t be able to see who viewed your Status.
Alternatively, you can also enable the Two-Step Verification Feature
Two-step verification is one of the best features that adds more security to your WhatsApp account. With the Two-step verification feature, you also get to add a PIN to your account, thus making it super-duper secure.
Here is how you do it:
- Open WhatsApp settings
- Tap Account > Two-step verification > Enable.
- Enter a six-digit PIN of your choice and confirm it.
- Provide an email address you can access.
- Tap Next.
- Confirm the email address and tap Save or Done.
Articles you may also want to read:
- Here Are The Important WhatsApp Do’s and Don’ts Which One Should Know
- How To Switch Off WhatsApp Reception Without Turning Off Data On Huawei