How To Open Two WhatsApp Accounts On Computer
Open Two WhatsApp Accounts On Computer
WhatsApp is undoubtedly one of the biggest and most popular instant messaging platform. Although the Facebook-owned company has over 2 billion users worldwide, the chat app is definitely not resting on its laurels as it keeps on adding more and more features to improve user experience. So it doesn’t come as a surprise that some users might not be aware of certain features available on the application.
One of the lesser-known features on the chat app that some might not know of is that users can open two or more WhatsApp accounts on a computer. Yes, there is a hack that enables you to use two different WhatsApp accounts in the same browser quite easily. This can be easily done by using WhatsApp Web which allows users to send and receive messages on their browser.
Here’s the setback, WhatsApp Web only allows one account at a time. If someone has more than one account, they cannot simultaneously use all their accounts in the same browser. However, as highlighted above, this article will show you a hack you can apply to get past this. So, let’s get started.
In order for you to open two accounts on the same browser, you will at first need to follow the normal steps taken when opening WhatsApp Web.
First step: Open First Account
- Visit web.whatsapp.com on your computer using the web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari or Edge are compatible)
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone by tapping on it
- Open the chats screen and select menu and then go to the extreme right and press WhatsApp Web as the illustrated in the photograph below
- There will be a QR code (looks like a scrambled barcode) on the computer screen. Scan this using your phone
- WhatsApp will then open in your computer browser and you’ll be able to use it
Second Step: Opening the second account using Incognito mode.
Once you are done setting up the first WhatsApp account and can send and receive messages, you can then proceed to open a private window. This is more commonly referred to as Incognito mode. What’s amazing is that the Incognito browser mode doesn’t store your web surfing history or login credentials.
This is great because if you visit WhatsApp Web you will receive a fresh page since your browsing and login history isn’t recorded. Once you visit WhatsApp Web in incognito you scan the QR code that appears on the computer screen using your mobile phone, then you are good to go. You have successfully created a second WhatsApp account on your computer. Just like that.
- Open Incognito mode
- Visit WhatsApp Web
- Scan the QR code and it is done
However, this method has its share of weaknesses. Users lose the session as soon as they close the browser or tab, whether it’s deliberately or by accident. To open new WhatsApp Web sessions, you’ll need to scan the code again. Though it barely takes a few seconds, some users might find the process boring.
Using a different browser from the one your primary WhatsApp account is running also does the trick and you can open as many WhatsApp accounts on your computer. Let’s say you were using Google Chrome, using Mozilla Firefox or Opera to open your secondary WhatsApp Web account would also do the trick.
Here’s what you may also be interested in:
- How To Send An Image In A Document Form And Other Whatsapp Tricks.
- How do you know that someone is stalking you on WhatsApp messenger?
- Quickly Know Who Has Texted You On WhatsApp Without Checking On Your Phone Or Opening!
- This version of WhatsApp enables people to Cheat on their partners in peace. No Detection!