Pros and Cons of WhatsApp are there for real, each software has got its advantages and disadvantages since it is man-made. This application is one of the best and most popular chatting software all over a world and anyone who has a smartphone will definitely have WhatsApp installed. It has come as a rescue to many people in terms of good and fast communication, it enables to gather up on chat as a community and distance will be not a barrier. This article is going to air out the Pros and Cons of WhatsApp.
Here are the Pros (advantages) of WhatsApp
1. It is completely free for use provided one has data bundle or Wifi.
2. It sends messages to anyone anywhere in the world.
3. It is not difficult to use, young and old people can use it.
4. It supports a voice call.
5. It supports video calling.
6. It can send to document files e.g PDF, MS Word and Slideshows inter-alia.
7. It does not have any advertisements on the display screen.
8. One can delete a message that he/she has sent in a period of 1 hour.
9. It uses contacts from your phone and informs the user how many of your friends are using WhatsApp.
10. It allows the user to share location, photos, status, images, documents, videos with friends.
11. It allows the user to share a live location for 15 minutes, 1 hour and 8 hours.
12. It works even without sim card, but it just needs the user’s mobile number to be registered to it.
13. it only charges the internet charge when the users are chatting and sharing with friends
14. It allows the user to see whether the message he/she have sent has been received and read (single tick for sent and double tick for delivered, grey is for delivered and blue is to show that the message is read by the person).
15. It also shows that the receiver received your voice message and listened to it
16. It provides an easy way to change the user’s number to another number without losing your existing WhatsApp account and conversations.
17. It is very secure because it provides end-to-end encryption feature, which makes communication highly secure.
18. It is cost-efficient ( saves your money by reducing normal Text and Multimedia messages cost).
WhatsApp has some disadvantages and they are as follows:
Here are the Cons (disadvantages) of WhatsApp
1. It does not have enough security and there is the risk, your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend may read the messages.
2. The user must have access to the internet to send and receive messages for free
3. In a group, only the Group-Admin can add the persons / give admin title to other persons in the group.
4. The user’s profile picture is visible to every person having your contact number.
5. It is addictive, “Once you get addicted to it, it’s very difficult to get over WhatsApp addiction”.