Protect Your WhatsApp Profile Picture From Being Viewed By Everyone, For Your Own Safety.
Back in the day, WhatsApp used to allow random users to view and share each other’s Whatsapp profile picture. This made it possible for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to view your WhatsApp profile feature and share it or save it to his/her mobile phone.
According to WABetaInfo, this put so many people, especially women at risk of being kidnapped or privacy violation. The WhatsApp beta for Android version 2.19.139 and higher then killed the profile picture sharing button that was located on the top right corner of the photo to stop the potential misuse of profile photos.
This, however, doesn’t stop anyone saved on your phone to view or take a screenshot of your profile picture and share it with anyone, thereby violating your privacy.
The good news is there are other means you can protect your profile picture from totally being viewed through modified or technically advanced versions of WhatsApp like FM WhatsApp, WhatsApp GB and WhatsApp Plus which provide features not available on the original WhatsApp version.
There are a few tricks you can apply to protect your profile picture from being accessed by a specific contact without downloading a third-party application.
WhatsApp Profile Picture Protection Steps.
1. For your first option, select ‘Settings’ and go to the ‘Account’ option.
- Now you can go to ‘Privacy’ settings
- Tap on the option ‘Profile photo’ and change your ‘Who can see my profile photo’ settings to ‘My contacts only’
- This will only allow your trusted contacts to view your profile picture.
However, in cases where not everyone in your contact list is trusted, or you personally don’t wish them to see your profile picture;
2. Delete the contact that you don’t want to see your profile picture.
- First of all, you simply have to open the ‘Contacts’ option on your phone.
- Search for the contact person whom you want to hide your profile picture from.
- Remove that person’s number or totally delete the contact from your phone.
- Note that you can still be communicating with the person but they only won’t have access to your profile picture.