Reply WhatsApp group messages privately without alerting others
Did you know that you can easily reply to a WhatsApp group message privately without alerting other group participants? if the answer is no, then, you have come to the right place.
Although the Facebook-owned company, WhatsApp messenger, has become one of the most used messaging applications, boasting of over 2 billion users worldwide, it definitely isn’t resting on its laurels as it continually keeps adding new features to improve user experience.
Last year WhatsApp introduced a feature called ‘Reply Privately’ which is available in group conversations. The feature allows users to select any message in a group conversation and privately reply to the sender instead of replying in the group itself. The amazing part is that other group participants will not be able to view the private message you would have sent using the feature. Sounds amazing, right?
The feature is available for both Android users and iOS devices, with minor variances on how the process is done. This feature is most convenient for users who might not be interested in voicing out their opinions in a group conversation but still want to put their point across.
How then, do I post a private reply? follow the steps below
- First of all, you’ll need the latest version of WhatsApp if your device is not already set to auto-download for application updates. Android users should visit Google Play Store to get the latest update.
- Once all that is set, open WhatsApp and enter any of the groups that you are in.
- Now, when you want to reply to a message in a group chat, but you only want the sender to see your response, start by long-pressing their message.
- After long pressing the message, also go on and press the three dots on the far right corner of the screen and two options will appear, ‘Reply privately and Message sender.’
- Input your message as you normally would, then hit the send button and it’s done. Just like that.
Once you reply to a group message privately, the conversation will be located in a separate conversation page away from the group chat itself. The recipient can decide to keep the conversation private by posting his or her replies within that chat page.
Users will need to be careful though to avoid accidentally replying publicly instead of privately.
Watch the video below to get a better understanding:
- How To Forward A Message In 250 Groups At Once Using FMWhatsApp
- Protect Your WhatsApp Profile Picture From Being Viewed By Everyone, For Your Own Safety.
- How To Appear As If You’re Not Online On WhatsApp When You’re Actually Online
- FM Whatsapp TricksHow To Enable The Airplane Mode On FM Whatsapp.