See The Exact Time When Your WhatsApp Message Was Read
See the exact time when your Whatsapp message was read.
This feature is just known by only a few WhatsApp users . It is very easy and simple to see the time when your WhatsApp message was read, thanks to the checkmarks alongside every message.
Steps on how to See The Exact Time When Your WhatsApp Message Was Read
In order to view the time when your WhatsApp message was read follow the Steps below:
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone and find the message that you are interested in knowing the time details
2. Then long-press on it.
3. After doing this, you should see some new icons appear along the top bar.
4. Tap the three-dot menu buttons.
5. Choose Info.
-This will display the Delivered and Read times for your message.
–Delivered is when your message arrived on your contact’s device and Read indicates when (time) the recipient actually opened it.
Moreover, this can be done in both one-on-one chats and group messages. When in group chats, you can see the delivered and read time stamps for each individual.
However, one point to note is that you can not get message read times for other people’s messages if they have turned off WhatsApp read receipts for security reasons.
In that case if you want to see the time when your message was read you have to follow the steps below
1. Turn off read receipts yourself by going to Settings > Account > Privacy
2. Disable the Read Receipts slider.
*NB* Doing this also prevents you from seeing read receipts from others